Tuesday, October 31, 2006
What an exciting little episode that turned out to be.....
here I am, diligently washing my little mary car, knowing full well
(the thunder was a hint!)
that it was going to rain soon......
little did I know......
HUGE and horrible and hideous and horrendous GIANT ENORMOUS tennis balls of ice suddenly began hurtling down from the clouds and bashing my mary in the head and giving her cellulite and she was crying and I...........brave soul and under tremendous strain had to make a split decision to avoid catastrophe and as I was sitting in mary, in the drivers seat, with the keys in one hand and windex in the other I did throw windex down and DRIVE my mary 10 feet down the footpath and into the auto electricians next door who had kindly left his big door open in preperation for closing.......and there I stayed while the heavens did empty and the hail was crashing and smashing all of the other cars to pieces......I am a HERO and I SAVED mary from much dimples in her bottom and she only got one in her side which is cute and I will paint a mole underneath it tomorrow!....phew.
She is also very clean now and booftul and bird poo eyeshadow has gone....
I need a Goji........
I am shocked and amazed at the audacity of it....
I have just been and purchased a little canon type thing that I will attatch to her front and when a bird flies over it will be SHOT IN THE ASS immediatly, that should fix em right up!
This tragedy did necessitate me putting down heavy pen in the middle of writing boring review and going to kmart to purchase a bottle of poogetteroffer and a large and fluffy wash mit
.....(that I could possibly wear to next fluffy bunny night, bargain)....
and a steering wheel cover and some floor mats and as it looks like rain, I will have to wash her!
You can possibly see why, Elizabeth, that it is easy for me to spend $30 on a 50c pencil now?
Well, there was 30% off car stuff so that was good and I didnt buy lots of things that I wanted to......that betty boop seat belt cover and the fluffy dice were resisted...
Anyway, I need to wash her before it rains!!!
ps- kayla is da coolest!!LOL!!!1OMFG!!111111IMO, she said so....see...GET OUT OF MY BLOG CHILD!!!!!
Monday, October 30, 2006
I did have a lovely relaxing coffee and catch up with my lovely friend Nat and her bubba this morning.
That was the highlight of an otherwise plurgh type day.
- Went to Eckersleys to buy a pencil and spent $30......as usual
- went to RTA to transfer mary to me and waited in line with all appropriate, so I thunk, bits of info only to be told bill of sale was wrong and I have to go back with proper one.
- was told that license becomes renewable on Jan 9 not 7 as I thunk......leaves me 4 days to get L's and remember how to drive, go for and PASS driving test before I have to leave on camping holiday from hell to which I must DRIVE......plurgal
- ok, so far not too bad......went to Marketown to do groceries on the way home where peace and quiet awaited only to discover BiLo is morphing into Coles and therefore NOT OPEN.....
- ok, thunk I, will go home to peaceful quiet house and rest for while then go to Kotara and shop.....toddle, toddle off to catch bus home.....
- get home to find peaceful house FULL OF SCREAMING BRATS!!!!! that belong to other people who wanted to waste their day away and did it at my table and didnt stop talking and kids didnt stop screaming and my head wouldnt work and all my thoughts flew away before they reached my mouth and I just couldn't breathe anymore....gasp.....
- so I ran out of the door and took refuge in a large and horrible shopping centre and did buy food and then came home and
- they were still here.....
- I am not a nice mary
- I like my children, they are quiet and not 3 and 5 years old and can BE TOLD.....
- in fact, they are SCHMICK!!!!!! (nearly forgot)
Are we there yet?
Sunday, October 29, 2006
There were times (limited) in the day when not a sound was heard.
The silence was deafening as the super concentrative mary's and scoffers were busily
......no, not eating all the luverly bikkies
....but painting their little hearts out.
At other times of course the sound of laughter and loud appreciative of chocolate and good yummy stuff groans were heard throughout the street and most probably woke up a poor sick mary next door.
A good and productive day was had by all and masterpieces were created, all of which I forgot to take a photo of, of course, because that is always the way!
They must have had a good day because they want to come back and do it every month. So, we shall see the boss mary and assess this situation pronto....
I am happy and just a bit ragged around the edges...
We did have quite a time getting mary jen and mary diana out the door though as they did need another entire month to finish their artworks.
In fact, last I saw, I left mary jen sitting on the front steps with plate of paint in one hand, paint brush between her teeth and painting furiously and gabbling something that sounded like "can't feed kids tonight, must stay and paint"
.......I expect she will still be there on Wednesday night if you want to see..........
It was a goodest and funner day.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
This is so that I cannot see her from the bus stop when I have car keys in my bag and the bus is running very late or very early and I have missed it!
Also so that drunken bums walking up street on saturday night dont decide to have much fun mutilating my mary and breaking off her eyebrows and things.
And so that all of the dust in the world does not end up on her and choke her to death and she will not start when I CAN drive her and will only cough and splutter and groan a bit.
These are good reasons.....
...and will stop me from SUCCUMBING to tantilisingly close little blue car that belongs to me and no one can tell me not to drive but I am not anyway because I am RESPONSIBLE and live in INTEGRITY and do not break the LAW of the land even if it is a stupid law and policemen suck.....
I am a good mary and I am good....got it!?
Friday, October 27, 2006
- Never buy crappy biscuits from servo next door to serve up to poor rylahs who are used to much better maryfare at Rose Cottage!!!! They will surely be all cracked and crummy and at least a hundred years old and cost you 5 bucks!
- Cats who get their bits cut out don't like you very much afterwards and try to live in small boxes and never come out for at least 36 hours and then they come out and stalk flies so you know they are okay.
- However, then you don't know where the flies are coming from and search and search and find ripped and clawed window screen with holes in and take cats back to vets to have claws ripped out by roots and .......
- Children will eventually eat that can of spagetti thats been in the cupboard for 10 years if you dont buy any food for a few days because you are too busy
- If you go to art school and tell them you have finished your dusty sculpture which is a LIE then they will know this and ask to see it and also give you very long steel rods to cut up with a pair of nail scissors and then make you weld it into a human shape with a bic lighter and a packet of chewy!
- Therefore you will get resentful and make a poor depressed angel type being with droopy wings that is very long and skinny and quite strange...
- Its a fact
- Trust me........
- I know these things!
- washing your hair is a great way to remove ink from under fingernails. A real time saver but not recommended for public places
- typing with wet nails is not particularily a time saver
- neither is cleaning the toilet with the cat
- cooking a vege burger in a pan full of dead cow defeats the purpose entirely
- water is very good for you but sometimes more expensive than coffee
- coffee is not a luxury
- inviting someone for coffee when there are no biscuits in the house is rude (sorry jac)
- marys are wonderful but need to be driven and therefore frustrating when you can see them from the bus stop
- $700 electricity bills blow budgets out the door
- children do not want working lights for xmas presents....I know, I asked em
- fridges are very like toilets in that they do not ever clean themselves out of anything but junk food
- hairy things in the fridge are not a good look
- especially if they are green
- when you are a STAFF and a customer jumps out from behind a rack of calenders and yells at you, you can be pretty sure it is a mary
- and when a red headed customer you have never before seen in your life approaches you and asks where the 'Hairy Arse Crack' calenders are kept you can be damned sure it is a mary!
- art students find it hard to clean up just so they can make more mess
- if you go to charlestown square you are certain to bump into a mary somewhere....it is a proven fact
- ....sometimes lots of marys, who werent even real people until yesterday and now they have faces
- so wear your best frock and lippy in case you get caught out by marys
- I like being a mary
- I bet darlin' wishes he was a mary sometimes
- fluff behind bathroom doors is just a part of life....... I only notice it when it turns into a doona
- Bushells drinkers are FAKE coffee drinkers and don't deserve a headache if they stop
- workshops are nerve wracking
- assessments at art schools should be accumilative and not all in one week
- sometimes life is a pain in the hairy arse crack but it is still GOOD
- I am still the best marySTAFF and noone can change my mind...I am a calender COP and quite willing to punch out Michael Hill ladies on loud speakers that don't shut up all day long and drive maryBOSS insane and make her dribble sometimes
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Made with love the highest vibration by our own Mary-Kathleen.
A Unique & Beautiful gift.................
They are gorgeous and beautifully made.
I have been on my feet all day and running for most of it, some of it around racks of calenders too.
Tonight Mary Renata met Mary Jen and we both met Mary Blogmuggle and the luverly Eloise.....it was quite a mary fest at Charlestown Square......I will fill you in tommorrow cause I MUST take my feet off and go to sleep.
Accident Reports- Real reports on insurance claims...
Accident insurance claim forms ask for a brief statement about how the accident happened. The combination of the finger pointing instinct and the small spaces provided on the forms can lead to some curiously phrased explanations.
"A pedestrian hit me and went under my car."
"The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."
"I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was
enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way."
"Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."
"I thought my window was down; but found it was up when I put my hand through it."
"No one was to blame for the accident, but it never would have happened if the other driver had been alert."
"The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him."
"I saw the slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the hood of my car."
"I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."
"I was taking my canary to the hospital. It got loose in the car and flew out the window. The next thing I saw was his rear end, and there was a crash."
"I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner when it was struck by the other car in the same place where it had been struck several times before."
"The indirect cause of this accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth."
"The accident happened when the right door of a car came around the corner without giving a signal."
"I was thrown from my car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."
"I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprung up, obscuring my vision."
"I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."
"I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him."
"I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, I found that I had a fractured skull."
"My wench slipped, losing my balance, and I hurt my back."
"I was unable to stop in time, and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passengers then left immediately for a vacation with injuries."
"To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian."
"The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle."
"When I could not avoid a collision, I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car."
"I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way."
"In my attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."
"My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle."
"As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident."
"The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front end."
"A truck backed though my windshield and into my wife's face."
"I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment."
"The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."
"An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle, and vanished."
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Conversation from the kitchen....." I did it last night"
"NO, you didn't I did"
"You're a stupid liar"
"NO, you are....."
Life is back to normal.
Finished exhibition press release and invite that was due 2 weeks ago!
Finished and signed commissioned artwork number one....
Wrote up and sorted out half of workshop for Sunday
Made appointment for cat desexing tomorrow,
yes, she's at it again
Put dragonfly stain glass decal on the window of that which I shall not mention......
Didn't clean anything
Did dye awful grey hair so am beautiful now and smell of strong chemical...yumm
Thats about it really.
Back to normal
Monday, October 23, 2006
Sunday, October 22, 2006
Saturday, October 21, 2006
All 64 pages of it......and Im whinging about a 1500 word essay...............hmmmmm.
Had a very hysterical conversation about mary cars and being a calender girl ( that did conjure up some rather hilarious images) and fluffy bums. Tahni the CSV tells me that her self has gotten a bit wider due to stress and has short pants too. She was very relieved to hear the fluffy bum theory and liked it a lot. In her acknowledgements on her thesis she did thank her supervisors, her family and Donut King for getting her through it all....
She is a good dodda.....
Other dodda, the blonde, says that you cannot possibly call a car mary and insists on Wendilika.
She is a strange child.....
Mary Wendilikanotabus.....it has a certain appeal.
I may not have mentioned that my children are all as mad as I am......except shelli baby who is mad in her own right, thankyouverymuch
Darlin' likes having his shed on the blog....gives him delusions of fame!
CSV told me she would buy me a rosary to hang in mary wendilikanotabus....I said she could if she removed the cross and added a feather or two, it will go nicely with maryjens doily methinks. I am serious maryjen......
I told her to get me a mary with a nodding head to put on the back thingo at which point she choked to death laughing and had to go to bed to get over it all...................
I have a sneaking suspicion that that is where I should be too and so I shall now retire....
a very naughty cat
Mary has won the competition....
and I am very cranky that I didnt think of it first!!
I will blame this on everyone else as I am not at fault okay...
feel free to come up with suggestions for a middle name though!!
I am a BAD STAFF!
I was 8 minutes late today and should have been slapped around a bit by mary BOSS for sure.
It was Mary's fault of course as I was going for a little test drive with my chauffer darlin' and leaving deposits on mary's and stuff and missed my bus therefore had to be chauffered some more and run screaming through car parks knocking little wrinkled up old people with hairy arse cracks flying all over the place.....still I am a BAD STAFF and will arrive early next time for sure..
Mary boss is faded a little and has black eyes and sore feet. She is a SUPERHERO....she also has interesting dreams and that is her blog so I wont say anymore.
I am cold and have no heater.
I am tired and need some more sleep.
I am happy about small mary cars but wont believe in hem entirely until they are parked outside front door...............
Friday, October 20, 2006
Da da....isn't it great.
Much better than my last car which was affectionatly known as "Horse" and sometimes as "you bloody stupid bastard car".
Or the one before that who was "kidkart"......
Notabus shall be greatly and much loved and wanted and I shall wash her lovingly at least once a year and feed her hugely expensive petrol whenever she wants it.
It is very important that notabuses be demand fed as they do tend to stop working when one doesn't infuse them with nourishment when empty.
I learned this from "Horse" which is why he was sometimes known as "you bloody stupid bastard".......
Of course, for the first two months of her life with me this will not be an issue as I wont be driving her because I no longer do such illegal things do I.......
- make a list of things to do in order in which they need to be done....how anal!
- xmas shopping...........................................plurgh........no, wont do that
- buy a car...........................YAY
- pay for it........................................................frown
- 20,000 landscape sketches and 2 finished drawings for last term
- 14,000,000 portraits for this term
- finish dust eating sculpture
- eat chocolate
- develope and print 40 rolls of film taken of cranky senile geriatrics
- write 6 reviews and one essay
- finish screenprint flop and do another one
- drink copious amounts of water
- breathe deeply...................but not when sculpting
- paintings that have been commissioned......................am working on it as we speak.............in between blogging and school and shopping for nourishmnet, breathing and imbibing vast aquatic cocktails that sometimes contain large amounts of caffiene
- feed the children regularily......will slot it in somewhere
- clean up feral pigsty house
- go and be STAFF for mary BOSS tommorrow and surf the crowds for lifting shoppers wearing barramundi t-shirts and buying records of exploited young women with very large breasts
- breathe deeply whilst chain smoking and chugalugging H2O laced with caffiene
- walking......................its very good for fluffy bums like mine apparently
Now, for next week...............................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
One half day at school doing very bad portrait drawings has left me exhausted.
This is really quite strange.
Something must not be right for it to affect me in this way evry time Im there?
I don't know.....I just want to get this year over and done with and passed, of course.
Then I will consider my options.....its supposed to be fun.
Maybe it really is my attitude creating a hard time for myself?
Im off to the cottage soon to see some mary's and eat some good stuff......
Here is another message to read by Celia Fenn
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
I did leave the house looking very swish with too short black pants and lovely $90 blouse with stripey socks and Colorados.......swish, swish goes the freshly washed big hair.....
I did get on bus in pouring rain and slightly soggy.......squelch, squelch.....and big hair did go a little frizzy but all in all not too bad.
Arrived at Charlestown Square with plenty of time to shop for one white shirt and black pants.....too easy
Tried on 40 white shirts and they all sucked. Why do all t-shirts have to be skin tight and see through and made for anorexic size 2's? Why put extra large on anything that is really a size 8?? Is it to keep 'larger than lollypop sticks' people out of the shops and at home eating tim tams??
Finally found a good STAFF shirt that fit and only cost $16........so I wore it even though it did look like I had just dragged it out of under shelli baby's bed and forgot to iron it.....wait a minute, anything that comes out of that room is NOT WHITE.....okay, so it was a tad creased but very clean and brightly white. Good STAFF shirt....shame about the frizzled head.
Was out of time by then so had to front up in too short pants and flashing B & W stripey ankle half witch sock jobs but thats ok...I was ON TIME.
Had a lovely time flogging calanders, scanning for feral shoplifters and stuffing up the till with Mary BOSS and was shouted great cuppachino too. AND got paid to boot. VERY good STAFF.
Have been ordered back for Saturday as I need to stuff up the till some more in preperation for BIG CROWDS with lots of Calender dollars to make ladymaryBOSS happy and rich. Yay.
I especially liked the bit where I got to wear a loooong shoelace with a key on the end and a big badge because I am STAFF.
So far so good......
Then I had to come home and clean up stinky feral kids room. It is 4 hours later and its still not done. There are 4 giant garbage bags in the hallway awaiting transportation to the bin. I am disgusted and need to know why a child thinks its whole room is one great rubbish bin? Its not all that far to the actual garbage disposal place ...about a 2 second walk I think...Grrrrrrrr.
Nuff of that.
Tomorrow is school...plurgh....I need a new attitude.....I wonder where you buy that from?
- Cat hair will always gravitate towards black pants.......especially when the cat sleeps on them after pulling them off the hanger where you put them when you IRONED them in order to be a professional looking calander STAFF
- A $90 JaquiE little white blouse doesn't iron any better than a K-Mart $15 job
- You can never find a white bra when you need one
- Black bra's under little white blouses don't look professionally STAFFish
- When your bum gets bigger your pants get shorter
- One must always leave one hour early for C.C jobs so that one can buy a uniform that fits first
- One must be grateful that today is not yesterday and no one had a party last night and that pants getting shorter is a good excuse for therapy of the retail variety.........
Monday, October 16, 2006
.....sitting at the kitchen table having a coffee with darlin' and all of a sudden he gets transported into a beautiful space and has lovely golden light things happening and is just trembling with the beauty of it all......tears
Beautiful stuff......I am envy as Raihn would say...here am I dribbling into my coffee with head on hands holding eyeballs in head with much magic and the man is floating in bliss....not fair...see how spiritual I am today....I will be happy for him later ( I am kidding, it was amazing just to observe it)
So, man recovers, we take upshit heater back to shop where I, in all my righteousness, demand a refund for the rotten thing.
Goodguynot proceeds to inform me that this particular brand of crap is under a fix it warrenty not a swap it warrenty as were other 3 heatercraps that got returned in last few months.
Well, I wasn't having it and of course stuck to my guns because I WAS RIGHT......and asked to see the manager.
Sweating and trembling goodguynot wisked my heater away and after several minutes came and took me to the secret magic place where said heater was plugged in and WORKING!
I of course am much perplexed and a tad embarrassed and so take said heater and scuttle for door dragging a darlin' behind me....."must be the wall socket" say I.....trying to regain a semblance of dignity....
Get home, plug heater into different wall socket and guess what?????
It doesn't work.......................
I am now blogging my frustrations away while darlin' angel man takes bastard heater to warrenty fix it place where I hope it blows up and takes all the goodguynots into cyberspace......actually, they can stay here and I will go home to cyberspace
This has not been a good day yet and Shelli baby just came home with an earache
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH.......I will breathe, inhale, exhale, in........
Are we there yet??????
- Its not nice to be woken at 8.30 on the last day of sleep ins (supposedly) after getting to sleep at 3am for second night in a row by 14 yr old looking disgusted by swollen eyeballs and drool, asking for other 14 yr old who is, most sensibly, still asleep because school goes back tommorrow, or so stupid mother insisted last night at some point. SINCE WHEN did they stop having pupil free days on the first day of 4th term?????
- Realise that I have ripped myself off a child free day....cry a lot...sniff
- Am belted out of way by hyperactive 13 yr old who MUST GO TO SCHOOL IMMEDIATLY, despite the fact that there is no food and mother needs to go to bank for cash.........
- Raid everyone for 5 cent pieces so child can go to school and eat and pray that bus driver is kind enough to ignore out of date bus pass
- realise that said 13 yr old has left me with entire feral hovel bedroom to sort all by myself, cry, decide that Im not doing it......await tantrum at some point regarding this
- get on bus with stinky tracksuit on and try to get a bookshelf bargain at op shop, not happening, no bookshelves to be had, cry again
- Go to stinky bilo to get supplies for school that doesn't start tommorrow
- Sit on bus stop with all the other ferals with stinky tracksuits on and come home
I am never commenting on my cat again!
Why have ALL of my neighbours decided to throw extremely loud and drunken type parties in the last two nights that have gone on and on on aaaaaalllllll night and as a result I have had very little sleep and now resemble something really not pretty with swollen eyeballs......................
I have forgotten to renew the term bus passes.......
I have no lunch supplies in the house.......not even an apple, bugger.....
Sunday, October 15, 2006
I have been coerced by a little person into sorting their stinking chock-a-block-full-of-stuff bedroom out tommorrow.......tears worked, tantrum didn't.
The guy who recorded that "noise" sent me back an email saying, quote
"Orion mothership Haog is the one in charge might be in your neighbor hood probably making contact or downloading information"
exactly the whole message, unquote.....
I am commissioned again! Soon I will be a legend .......
One more sleep in left before chaos resumes and I still havn't done any work.....and have now promised to spend my day sorting through crap.....oh well, same diff
The weather is a bit odd......
So am I
I will be back tommorrow if the computer doesn't blow up!
By the way, the 4th brand new heater is on the blink...........too strange,
the GlenGearyGoodGuys are going to suspect foul play.............
they shall turn into the GoodGodGetouttahereGuys.....
Saturday, October 14, 2006
- Yesterday was a good day, cleaned up abode just in case (as you do..) mothermary came in (was a much needed good excuse), and was slightly disconcerted when said mary went white with shock and froze at front door. An interesting reaction, I will definately do it next time I go to the cottage.....
- Shelli baby is home and in great form after having slept in paddock with cows and been fishing till midnight. She is trying very hard to have a tantrum but is just a bit too weary to fire up, all this AFTER 12 hours sleep.....
- Visit to home of Boss Mary was fun, got ginger kisses to die for and decent coffee (highly unusual). I'm sure her beautiful home is much more beautiful when not buried in calenders....
- Got to meet her 'that man' who is just lovely and has goosebump deep voice.....
- Got commissioned for a painting, so exciting.......
- My darlin' is all fired up and humming around the place having firings in his head...this is normal.
- I am painting in my head, no wonder the house is full of energy.....this too is normal.
- I am out of washing powder and that's just tragic....and normal.
- Shelli is sitting in the hallway because she hates her room.....also normal.
- Darlin' is getting metaphysical with her................... that will surely work....!!!!
- I can still hear the 'noise'.
- I feel good today.
- I have reviews to write and a sculpture to finish and not to mention an exhibition to write up and photo negs to sort and a plate to etch and a whole terms worth of landscape drawings to make up........plurghplurghplurgh....
- and I'm NOT doing it today...
- Today, I PLAY.....................just because I can!
Friday, October 13, 2006
- It beats doing housework
- It helps me to ignore the children
- It gives me something better to do than the 20 far less interesting things that I could be doing
- It lets me speak my mind
- It doesn't answer back - much
- It keeps me in touch with MY reality
- I can complain about anything and it lets me
- It makes me think
- My ego likes the attention
- ...and so does my heart
- It lets me know I'm not alone
- It keeps MY Josh off the computer
- ...and my Kayla
- .......and my Shelli baby
- It gives me something to argue with the children about that I can actually win...."Its MY computer, I paid for it and the broadband and its MY turn, now get ORF".
- The Mary's
- My Mary
- It gets me used to putting me out there
- It accepts me for just who I am
- It stops me from living in my head
- It lets me know that there are other 'weirdo's' out there too
- It lets my kids know that too
- It makes me laugh
- I LIKE it
- It doesn't run to a timetable
- It keeps me connected with MY reality
- I get to show my art work and nobody can stop me, like it or not!!!!
- Its good for me and tastes better than bran
- It keeps me in touch with those who live in my heart
- Did I mention it keeps me sane?
- It lets me know that people care and I do matter
- It appeals to the exhibitionist in me - its My page and its ALL ABOUT ME...
- It lets me get to know and sometimes help others
- and vice versa
- It improves my typing
- It fills up my inbox
- It drives my kids nuts
- and my darlin'
- ITS FREE
- ...and its FUN
Thursday, October 12, 2006
I go into the room and the child is huddled in a corner crying "the faeries, the faeries".
I pick her up, she is almost too heavy but I carry her anyway, and take her out of the room and down the stairs and outside. The mary child gasps and points somewhere behind me and says "Its here, its here...". I feel a huge sense of something approaching, something really BIG.....
and I wake up.
I close my eyes and there is a pale blue star, the seal of solomon type star, and inside the star is writing. Hundreds of little symbols that I dont quite recognise and cannot remember.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
- My children are running around the house behaving like nuts. They have discovered a site called 'the tourettes guy'......need I say more? Well, it involves a lot of random swearing, much hilarity and loud obnoxiousness. Hmmmmm.
- My darlin' is never going to come out of the shed, I will find him one day, wrapped around a raku kiln with a glaze recipe between his teeth, covered in clay dust and resting in peace. I might go and slide some food under the door....and Goji.....
- My eyes are crossed due to peering at very small areas of paper whilst wielding a very, very small one haired paintbrush. This is not a good look I assure you. Neither is the streak of blue paint running up one side of my mouth and down my pants leg....
- I have eaten 12 different colours today......this can't be a good thing
- I am now painting a Mary for the Catholic Scientist Virgin......I don't think she is expecting a blue mary......or a gold and silver angel and a crescent moon.
- My darlin' wants me to do him a painting, trouble with that is he also wants to tell me how to paint it, what doesn't look right and should perhaps paint it himself. He's only been waiting for 4 years for this........ and that is why!
- (just kidding oh lovely one)
- Its very quiet in blogland......people must have lives out there
- I need to get out of the house
- I wish I was rich
- I wonder if anyone will ever want to buy anything I paint?
- I wish they'd do it soooonnnnnn
- If only two people want to do my workshop it wont be happening
- Im hungry again. That could be because paint isn't actually very filling!
- or nutricious
- or even tasty
- Yes, I am bored and okay, I will stop now
Monday, October 09, 2006
Sunday, October 08, 2006
I have spent half of it putting my little website together. I think it looks pretty good for a computer illiterate such as myself. I have been having it come up in my 'thoughts' for weeks now so I finally got to it.
I think all you people should definitely link me up to your respective sites. I did you......
The other half of the day found me painting and staring out the window, at the wall, at the ceiling, at my book.....life is funny.
I have a new guide, Kunaami, and Aineha is my wise woman who has been waiting for me to be 'ready' forever. I think she is another aspect of me actually. She usually decides to walk right through me when I am standing at the kitchen sink. It doesn't matter which kitchen sink either. It must be the water or something. My old guides have gone, or I have moved up and 'joined' them or whatever, they aren't there anymore. I don't know who Kunaami is, just that he is there.
My darlin' has spent the last two days pottering around ecstatically in his garage, playing with his clay and building a new raku kiln. We fired the old one that someone gave him last night for the first time! He was so excited.....too cute. It'll be great when he gets the other one done, he will be able to use it for all sorts of firings then. Anyone who wants a special ceramic piece made should put their order in now for xmas! He is a very talented potter and does wonderful things with glazes! I love it when he's happy like that...he's all shiny.
He made the pieces pictured here.
Im putting it out there that we make drums!
Beautiful native american style medicine drums.
Our prices are very reasonable at $160 for a plain drum, with a bag and a beater and $190 and up for a hand painted custom design, also with a bag and a beater.
We also hold one day workshops for people wanting to make their own drums for $180.
If you shop around you will see that the prices are excellent.
I also do Spirit Guide Drawings and other guided art.
Have a look at my website and see....
Enough of the flogging of self now.
I hope everyone has had a nice day.