Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Head above water....

Yesterday someone called Mark left a comment for me.......Mark is really a multiple personality otherwise known as B&B, or Bagman and Butler (I like Baggy best because he is as naughty as I would like to be but am not anymore)...anyway, I digress

Mark left this little story in my comment box....

I am reminded of my rule for helping someone into a lifeboat: "You can never push someone into a lifeboat because it just makes your head go underwater. You can only pull someone into a lifeboat once you are securely in the lifeboat yourself with other people holding on to you."

Which led me to pondering today, about who is in my life boat holding onto me.....

You know what, and this may be silly to some, but a lot of my life boat people are reading this page and are probably you.....yes, you

And of course my Maryme.

And my Tahni and my Kayla too funnily enough.....

Hmmmmm........

I think last week I just fell in the water for a bit....

I'm out and dry now.

I didn't even realise I was drowning....is that what happens?

7 comments:

nollyposh said...

In my experience... yes (((hugs)))

Unknown said...

i will never let you go, for sure xx

Jen said...

I am heavy enough to keep us both grounded.

Jewell said...

yes i think it is how it happens...very slowly and kind of creeps up on oyu...

my hand will always be there for you to grap a hold off xxx

Sarah Lulu said...

Oh yes it's very possible to be slowly drowning without realising it.

Swallow a bit more water ...and then thunderstruck you discover your predicament you might call out for help yourself.

I agree with BB ...you must be safe and secure in order to reach out to anyone.

You are ....doing an amazing job.

Bail out your own water now and then ...

As to your immune system ..

Dark chocolate.

Apple cider vinegar.

Echinacea.

And .... allow yourself to be loved.....maybe that English visitor could help?

Renee said...

Sorry I missed the near drowning. I was drowning myself at that particular time.

Love Renee xoxo

Gloria said...

I love that little story . . so very true and apt!

I often feel like I'm drowning but happily I always feel like I'm being held onto at the same time . . strange but true. Glad you're on dry land right now.

This is my first visit to your blog and so far, I'm very much enjoying it. I'm kinda eager to see how you go so I'm going to sign up to follow you 'cos I think I need to read more to understand more. Right?

I'm new to blogging so hopefully, you'll come visit my blog. I'm sure you'll find something there that you'll like!

Have a blessed week and try to keep your head above water!!