Sunday, December 31, 2006
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Friday, December 29, 2006
Thursday, December 28, 2006
A little ragged around the edges to be sure....
but here none the less
I did survive christmas days at mothers...it was even quite pleasant
The many laybys went down well
I have a new watch from my children
My washing machine has blown its top....I am hoping its just a stray something needing to be released from its prison in the pump!
I may need a captain!
more to come after I am actually awake......
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Friday, December 22, 2006
Thursday, December 21, 2006
REMEMBER THIS AT CHRISTMAS TIME
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
soooooo stuffed am I.............
did Garden City TWICE today, once for shopping and once for 14 yr olds haircut........
cut the tops off shelli's bikini when unwrapping layby.......not schmick
Lovely lady let me return them as they were wrapped very stupidly......not my stupid this time
Car needs a new tyre and brakes......four letter word!
I need new face and a big packet of grey hair coveruperer
my feet have forgotten what no pain feels like
23 sleeps till license getting for sure, maybe 22, not sure now
calendar club tommorrow
5 more sleeps till #%$@** santa comes
am blogging from compulsion
am going to bed now
z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z
Monday, December 18, 2006
Saturday, December 16, 2006
Friday, December 15, 2006
Have almost got everything done...I think.
Now, if I can just survive an entire weekend of Charlestown Square I will be extremely lucky!!
Got small firearm under big hair and hidden knife up pants leg.....can of mace down bra.....baseball bat for under counter...large rosy quartz rock....marshmallow bubble......bullet proof vest....
got it all
Im goin' in............................................
"I think it's raining," he said to his wife.
"No, that felt more like snow to me," she replied.
"No, I'm sure it was just rain," he said.
Well, as these things go, they were about to have a major argument about whether it was raining or snowing.
Just then they saw a minor communist party official walking toward them.
"Let's not fight about it," the man said,
"Let's ask Comrade Rudolph whether it's officially raining or snowing."
As the official approached, the man asked,
"Tell us, Comrade Rudolph, is it officially raining or snowing?"
"It's raining, of course," he answered, and walked on.
But the woman insisted, "I know that felt like snow!"
To which the man replied, "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear."
Only 27 more bloody days to go........
Thursday, December 14, 2006
- how MaryBOSS keeps on going day after day in that hell hole
- how I keep going somedays when I have so much to do
- why hives happen
- why so many people wait til the last minute to do xmas shopping and then wonder around like assholes being rude and obnoxious
- why barramundi man is?
- why I have to wait 29 more days for my licence when I have been waiting for sooooo long
- why darlin has an ear infection and my ear hurts
- why houses dont clean themselves
- why I am not a bottomless money pit
- french or italian
- why I am still writing this list when I have no more to say
Tommorrow I sit my drivers knowledge test and book in for my driving test.
I got to sell Barramundi Man a girlie calendar today! Lucky me....
I am an L plate!
- My sense of humour
- I am a good friend
- I can listen
- I will work my butt off if I need to
- I will work my butt off if a friend needs me to
- I am loyal
- I am fair
- In spite of everything I can still be innocent in some ways
- I am brave
- I love well
- chocolate (had to throw it in)
- My animals love me
- I see both sides (frustrating at times when one wants to be right!)
- My big hair and my paintbrush
- I have GUTS
- I will either kill for my kids or kill my kids at any given moment
- I don't hold grudges
- I can admit I am wrong
- I am open minded
- I am
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
"My creative process"
Very busy but had to blog something!
Am officially fine free.....no thing holding me back from getting my license...no thing at all....
except about 30 more days......grumble snoff plurgh.......
As lovely (snoff) Rylah keeps reminding me, 16 days till sh#tfight......yay
my feet are cold (grumble snoff)
love santa xx
Monday, December 11, 2006
I will take credit for lovely storm though as, yes, I did indeed wash my car this afternoon......thats every single time, first I washed her and it hailed tennis balls, then I washed her and it rained ash....I was expecting a tsunami this time.........small mercys etc
30 days till I get my license!
Off to paint.......
Sunday, December 10, 2006
This is interesting and etc....
I am stuffed.
Absolutely, completely knackered.
I have been dreaming strange and awful dreams for days.
I have been working in high frenetic energies (ie: charly square).
I have been fighting my absolute anger with my mother for so very long now. This will be resolved some time soon I am very sure. It has been denied too long and needs to be released appropriately somehow.......
I am weary.
All is well otherwise.
I am a christmas!
ho ho ho hum xx
Saturday, December 09, 2006
- being more than big hair
- maryBOSSes that stand their ground with yukky people and win!
- marys who care
- laybys that are already done and only require picking up........
- not having to think about what to buy ones kids for xmas anymore
- drum orders and calender club shifts
- remembering the sequence of cash register buttons under pressure
- cats who don't pee in drawers they are trapped in all day
Not so excellent things
- mothers who call on your way to charly and harass you on the bus so you cannot yell at them
- mothers who KNOW ALL and don't hear and relegate you to small speechless child status in the blink of an eye
- not being able to speak when one is angry
- needing to pee when surrounded by 6 deep frantic calender shoppers waving cash and cards....
- cats who hide in drawers and get trapped and aren't seen for a whole day and thats why they are VERY hungry
- little fish who die and big ones who eat their eyeballs
- mothers ..... plurgh...knowing that to move on one must move through mother type situations and so must continue to relate even though you want to run far far away very very fast and hide where its safe...aaarrrggghhh
I have been pondering the lovely wishes and comments made to me by various rose cottagers over the past weeks.
About what people see when they look at me.
Its funny isn't it, how we spend a lifetime, it seems, cultivating an image that we find acceptable, to show others and say to them..."this is who I am".
Yes, I have big hair, and yes, I paint and am artistic, but is that all I am?
Is that all people see when they look at me?
I hope not.
I have spent the last 5 years of my life trying to recreate and find me.
Who I am and what I think and what I want have all shifted and changed drastically and hopefully grown and evolved into something more closely resembling the real and true self that I am.....I am not who I used to be and yet I am still exactly who I used to be...interesting thoughts for sure.
What is it I want people to see when they look at me?
More interesting still.
Who am I?
Friday, December 08, 2006
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Then I will say that a plain drum with no design sells for $180, a workshop is $180 at the moment......soon to be $220 next year.
...and that a painted drum such as the ones below would be sold for anywhere between $240 and up depending on how difficult you make it for us........I mean how complex the design.
A REALLY simple design (with a drum attatched) would be about $200.....
Then let me say that any mary who wants to order a drum with whatever dragons and such on them as they like can have it for $220. That is several hours of my guts slogging for FREE.
If one is thinking "oh my gosh, how expensive is that, that mary must be MAD" etc etc.....then go and do some research and come back and tell me how inexpensive our drums are...because they ARE.
Designed drums like ours usually sell for $350 and onwards on the net (and thats US dollars!)
Am sounding defensive now....oops
Any hoo I shall be at the cottage tonight or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
only please dont if you are a nut! I have'nt got time to deal with strange weirdos etc....not you mary you can email me anytime for sure.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
just to prove that I don't sit around all day playing with photoshop,
heres the drum I painted today
Hope your all having fun at full moon with dragons while I am attempting to amuse my poor self.
- that fake do it yourself nails are much cheaper than getting 'nailed'?
- and that they come up pretty good, schmick model type hand things happening, lovely
- but pop off when you do real things like take clothes out of the washing machine
- and melt when you put them near fire or stains for drums
- and paint soaks right into them and doesnt come out
- and keyboards eat them
- and they poke you in the eye whilst sleeping
This is all very interesting and for one day, at least, I am going to have long nails.
Tommorrow I shall bite them off for sure and it will serve them bloody right.
They will start up in the new year when I have had some time to sit and plan rather than wing it and hope for the best!
This will work out better for all concerned.
Me included. I have quite a few commitments at this point and would like to plan a kit for all so that costs are more reasonable and so on.
I will let you know when I do!
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Have done a guide drawing for a lady and am in process of making two drums on order by some marys or otherwise not marys.....
This is my day so far.....not rested yet am I for sure.....
need to go back to school so I dont have to do housework!
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Well, maybe, just to see what it was like as I have never experienced ANY of these states in my life.
I am the one with the mad and wild jungle knotted down her back, gritting her teeth and punching people out of the way with 4 small kids in a trolley being held in with handcuffs and balls and chains, 3 of whom are screaming incessantly, for the last batman spin mobile for my son, oh hang on that was a while ago now....
Ummm, okay, I am the still the one with wild tangled hair (ran out of good conditioner) limping miles around the shops trying to see whats on sale where so I can afford to buy the much larger and still screaming brats their hearts desires and fumbling around in my HUGE HANDBAG SIZED wallet that is busting at the seams because it is full of unpaid bills and bloody layby dockets, no cash, that you can only find when you dont need them of course. I am the one with the permanent frown from doing sums in head and trying to make 2 and 2 equal 6.
Yes, that is me........
Oh well, jingle bloody bells to all I say.....merry merry whatever.
Its only once a year.
Friday, December 01, 2006
I am bored.
My feet are hurting.
Today has been hot and slow and blahblah.
I rang my mother this morning.....
Had a little chat about phonecall that you may recall me blogging about some while ago.
I left making this call until I was quite sure I would not be a yelling uncontrolled maniac.
And I wasn't.....
Let her rant a bit and then suggested that perhaps we should start again and spend some time getting to know where each other comes from.
Very mature of me of course.
Am now committed for xmas day...plurgh...the things you do.
In reality I suppose maryme's recent post regarding sisters and such had some time to be pondered apon by myself.
I may not like my mother's behaviour very much sometimes but alas, she is my mother regardless and she does love me and I do love her......strange old world.
She is not always an ignoramus and sometimes I am an ignoramus.
Such is the way of the world and I really cannot imagine how one would wipe ones history with someone as important as a mother from their life.......
I would not like my child to feel that way about me.
So, all smartassy stuff aside, I will give it a go.
She does scare me much........
Thursday, November 30, 2006
- Big hair does not only grow out of your head.
- Big hair can be nasty and gets caught in sunglasses, on door handles, in silly bloody door hangy things at certain cottages and especially in bathroom drains.
- Big hair smothers darlins in thier sleep
- Big hair makes HUGE pony tails that actually resemble large trees with strange parastic growths
- Big hair is heavy
- Big hair makes big sweat
- Big hair gets caught in your bum crack! (I can see a calender in that!)
......another sad tale of big hairyness is that, yes, big curly hair grows out your legs too. This requires constant struggle with chemical poisons for controlling purposes. Tonight I decided that it was time for a mow and did open new packet of said chemical and discover a TOOL. Yes a big hair scraper offerer to work with stinky chemical poison. Excellent thought I.....
...a new and better way to poison oneself, most gooderer indeedy........3 minutes later I was scraping copious amounts of big leg hair away, mowing, mowing, much good, yay.......
10 minutes later I have large red scrapy marks all up beautiful hairless walking apparatus! NOT GOODER. Not at all. I will surely have to sue hair removal company now because red scrapy things are even ooglier than long curly leg hairs in my book, yes indeed.
THEN......I get into lovely bath with bubbles and stuff and bathe poor scrapy legs and bounteous body and relax and all nice things.....I get out and what do I see in the bath?
A daddy long legs!!!!! Floating, floating...........dead dead dead
I know that it wasn't there before...
I did scrub the bathroom muchly this afternoon in my piteous attempt to be housewiferly, it was spick!, so that only leaves me to wonder with dread...
Where did it come from?????
Happens like that sometimes.
I have no crisis....this is much good.
I like a crisisless day occasionally......
I have been pondering on why it is so seemingly important to us that others like us and think we are wonderful ALL of the time.
Does anybody actually know anyone who is wonderful ALL of the bloody time?
I certainly don't.
Why do we set ourselves up with such high expectations of ourselves and yet its okay for others (and even expected) to fall apart and stuff up and be human occasionally?
And why should we expect everyone to like us when we don't like everyone?
And if we are expecting others to never fall apart and to always be some kind of paragon then how fair is that to them?
I know that I, in my life, have often put people on pedestals and thought that the answers to my problems could be found in an outside of myself source, namely, another person who I percieved to be wiser/stronger/smarter/ more powerful than myself. It didn't ever work!
People on pedestals invariably fall off as they too, are only human, like ourselves.
I have eventually come to the conclusion that if I am looking for another person to 'fix' my life then I am looking in the wrong place.
And I am also being extremely unfair to the person I am expecting perfection from.
Nobody can live under that sort of pressure without cracking.
I now know that the answers to my problems lay inside of myself and that I am the ONLY one who can implement change in my life and 'fix' anything up for me.
And that I can only do it for me and not for anyone else.
And my friends are the wonderful people who support me in this and let me be me, warts and all, and love me anyway as I love them for the same reasons.
We help and we teach and we lend a hand, we don't 'save' each other because we can't.
Its a huge thing to come to realise that by setting people on pedestals, we are setting them and us, up for a fall........
Food for thought isn't it.
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
- I found a gold coin in the gutter!
- It was, unfortunatly, a chocolate gold coin and in the gutter so I just had to leave it there and not eat it....bugger
- I only had one guy with smelly armpits standing over me on the bus on one trip and only one old man that smelt like wee on the other...excellent (plurgh)
- AN EXCELLENT TEXT MESSAGE FROM MARYBOSS
- scored 8 books to read for $7.50 from op shop...mostest gooder
- got good mum points for giving in to pre menstrual 14 year old
- didn't bat a lash when got a phone call in middle of kmart layby queue from 13 year olds school expecting me to hop on my broom and whizz right over to pick her sick little self up! Fake! Did ring father type person and tell him to deal with it because I am not a genie this week and he has a car and a license.....
- Am dealing with 13 year old temper tantrum without violence and calmly saying no to requests for new outfits and expensive presents for friends who will have birthdays this week.
- Haven't found money tree yet but will not give up hope.
- Best of all???? MY BIGGEST BABY GOT 1ST IN HER HONOURS CLASS THIS YEAR AND IS TOOOOOO GOOD. I think 95% is pretty good. Yes, very much good. And beating the one they call "smartest man" is even better considering no one ever has! YAY for Tahni Lee, what a star! A medal and a scholarship and some bucks for her......excellent daughter....
- Of course, its all my fault....I can deal with that.
- do not ever try to do xmas budget at 6.30am again......set up for not good day for sure
- do not ever have more than 1 child in any other lifetime where xmas is celebrated for sure
- do not ask son to do anything that requires effort and does not have an advantage for his own self
- do not yell loudly at said pig son unless you wish to be relegated to crazy old lady status
- do not rely on people to put money in bank when they say they will
- do not think ANYTHING will cost $5
- do not give in to 14 year old when it whines to stay home from school, EVER
- do not feel sorry for scheming conniving 13 year olds for any reason what so ever as it will always cost you big bucks
- do not let brilliant daughters go to Catholic Scientist Virgin College where they will be converted and made celebate nuns for sure and will never give you any grandchildren, not that you want any of course!
- do not trust marys who say they will come for coffee
- do not make 400 laybys before knowing where money to pay for them will manifest from
- do not be a grumpy old bitch ALL day long
- do not ever yell at darlins on the morning of assessments because they will yell back for sure even if you did break your back typing on stoopid computer for 100 years last night for them and now they have work to hand in
- do not think that just because it makes perfect sense to you that it will to anyone else
- do not think that I am not grateful, I AM, I am simply getting this out of the way first before getting to bloody gratitude okay!
- do not forget to take Goji for 3 days in row anymore
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Monday, November 27, 2006
The trouble is that my marks are directly related to the amount of effort and enthusiasm I did not put into my work Im afraid.
Credits were GOOD considering......
So any boney points will come to me so DONT DO IT!!!
I will just be very gooder next year is all.....
The good thing about next year is that I will be doing subjects I actually like!
No more school talk now, that bit is OVER for now........phew.
Seems that we need to organise a lunch and coffee for several mary's.....I will get back to you soon.....
I have been spending up big on ebay.......sh u gar
I am a sucker for sure.....
I told the kids they were getting nothing for xmas......I am a big fat LIAR
As usual they will get too much!
I finished the drum...excellent
I started another which I have just scrubbed off as it was too too yuk.
Bugger, now must start again.
I am having a bit of trouble adjusting to not having to do evrything in 5 minutes...this will pass for sure!
I have 15 cents in my wallet...how far will that get me towards the bank?
I am very sick of stupid weather that will not make its mind up! No wonder upduffers have the flu......
I am going because I am just rambling on now.......goodbye
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Saturday, November 25, 2006
I really was going to blog last night.
Its just that I was a wee bit tired and decided to lay down for an hour at 6pm
...and woke at 5am......
I have been staff today and have been a good mum and taken girls to buy swimmers...plurgh
I have done a short joust in Woolies....plurgh
I have caught buses and laybyed and walked a 1000 miles around Charlestown Square.......plurgh
And now I am here and I am going to have some food because I am very bloody hungry!
Catch you later.
PS: Mary romy is well and husband is recovering nicely at home now. All good!
Thursday, November 23, 2006
I have a swollen lip from biting it today......looks like Ive been punched...must remember not to do that tomorrow!
I will be putting a sign up upstairs that says "Young girls do NOT stand near this railing as young boys down below can see straight up your tiny little skirts....' Or maybe they know this?
I experienced a man who ran around the racks pretending to be suss just so mother in law and I would chase him.....
I love mother in law...she is a calender COP for sure....
I love Sandy who came so I could go have a smoke.....thats right 'A' smoke.......in 7 hours. Nicotine gum tastes PUTRID.
In short, I have no feet left, all worn down to the bone, have a punched in lip and severe depression.......rescue remedy is good shit!
Gotta love it...in fact I love it so much Im doing it all again tomorrow!
I AM best STAFF, I told you so!
AND I didnt make one single mistake!
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
A young wife sat on a sofa on a hot humid day, drinking
iced tea and visiting with her Mother. As they talked about life, about
marriage, About the responsibilities of life and, the obligations of
adulthood the mother clinked the ice cubes in her glass thoughtfully
and turned a clear, sober glance upon her daughter.
"Don't forget your Sisters," she advised, swirling the
tea leaves to the bottom of her glass.
"They'll be more important as you get older. No matter
how much you love your husband, no matter how much you love the
children you may have, you are still going to need Sisters. Remember to go
places with them now and then; do things with them. "Remember that 'Sisters'
means ALL the women... your girlfriends, your daughters, and all your
other women relatives too. "You'll need other women. Women always do."
What a funny piece of advice!' the young woman thought.
Haven't I just gotten married? Haven't I just joined the couple-world?
I'm now a married woman, for goodness sake! A grownup! Surely my
husband and the family we may start will be all I need to make my life
worthwhile!' But she listened to her Mother. She kept contact with her
Sisters and made more women friends each year. As the years tumbled by,
one after another, she gradually came to understand that her Mom really
knew what she was talking about. As time and nature work their changes
and their mysteries upon a woman, Sisters are the mainstays of her
After more than 50 years of living in this world, here is what I've
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do.
Colleagues forget favors.
Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many
miles are between you.
A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can
reach. When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk
it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim,
cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your
behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end.
Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk
beside you...Or come in and carry you out.
sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers, Grandmothers, aunties, nieces,
cousins, and extended family, all bless our life!
of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead.
much we would need each other.
- into school to lay out exremely wonderful photography for assessing
- dash to be STAFF for several hours
- dash back to school to unlay photos and lay out drawings for said same process PLUS be assessed for re entry next year...gulp....all good
- unlay out said stuff
- get supplies for starving children somewhere in the midst of this
- cook dinner for above
- get ass to Rose Cottage for spiritual upliftment
- hmmmmm..doesnt sound too bad...we will see
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Monday, November 20, 2006
Thank goodness for that, they were like clouds hanging over my head...
I have organised all of my drawings, my photography folders are done, my print works are sorted and various journals are looking like somebody cares about them....phew
Now I ONLY have to mount 7 works, do a studio plan for OH&S, complete a limestone sculpture, paint 2 drums and possibly try to fit in a couple of landscape sketches...or not, whatever.
All this by tomorrow evening......hmmmmm.
The sculpture and sketches are not really necessary as I will pass anyway but needed if I wish to get more marks........we will see. At this point I am only caring about passing and I should/will be right!
I must be having everything in perfect order before last minute as I will be emergency STAFF for frazzled mary lots at the other end of the week.....
All is well.
Have a good day everyone!
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Funny how that happens all the time.
Today I am not tired....not yet anyway.
I went to bed at 8.15 pm last night and woke at 7 am. That could be it!
I am going to be STAFF this morning and must prepare for onslaughts of wild shopping energies and old ladies with trolleys and many whinges and also people who purchase many multiples of calenders and require sensible and honest pushing of red and green buttons and tidy racks to choose from. I must do constant battle with large slippery bags which will NOT open in a co-operative manner for me to put calanders in EVER and be smiling and pocket p##ing at same time......I am very goodest STAFF......
I am going to be student of light today for which no preperation is needed.....and no assessments either, excellent...
I am going to have a good day.....I have decided!
You have a good day too.
Friday, November 17, 2006
You get that.
I have now done my last lesson for the year.......
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Thats what happened to me........
I am not 3 reviews and that is sad, I will be them tonight....late, late, late.
Last night was for marys and for much noise and for good fun.
MaryBOSS was very funny, she needs a gong for sure.
Marymuggle is much fun and GG is good value too.
Mary Jen hides from cameras but they get her anyway...
All marys are too cool......
I am going to school for my SECOND LAST lesson day of this year....YAY
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
What a couple of days!
...and its not over yet.
I am still 3 reviews....
MY ESSAY IS DONE, FINISHED, OVER WITH AND KAPUT. I am a goodest mary for sure now.....
The exhibition was a success.....my darlin' was star and did sell lots of beautiful stuff.
Mary's Rednose and Deb did come to see and were very professional exhibition goers too....much sangria and little bits of nibblies were had and ooh's and aaah's were very satisfactory indeed.....they can come again for sure.
Did see lots and lots of people we know there who weren't expected and didn't see some who were.
Now some mary's know where I live when I am not at home or shopping or at the cottage-ing.
Some people's are bastard baby stealers and I am not happy with them but no more of that now.
Darlin' is sagging now that he can.......been a long week for that Indian.
Will post pics later after son from mars has had his turn which I am stealing in case I fall asleep at table whilst penning reviews for pregnant teacher who cannot be abused because of condition.......plurgh
Watch this space!