Saturday, July 18, 2009

Don't pray for me.....



sometimes
the rain on my face
reminds me of you
and all the tears I never cried
only to be blown away in a fragment
of a convoluted prayer
that someone else was praying


and I wonder
just how much
of me got caught up in you
and what it was you wanted
when you said it was me
what you did when I went away
and left you there


the rain falls gently on my face
washing you away
giving me back
to myself
free
to give myself again
and pray my own prayer





12 comments:

Renee said...

The painting is amazing Michelle and your writing is too.

I love you and I am thinking of you.

My Mom is in the hosptial with pneumonia and now my nephew is in there too.

Very long and busy and sad week.

Love Renee xoxo

Sarah Lulu said...

I felt that right into my soul.

Bogey said...

Very deep, yet freeing. Sometimes, I think, it is only your own prayers that really get answered anyways.

Strawberry Girl said...

Artist and Incredible poet! Beautiful painting and words!! ;D

Anonymous said...

Love the poem, and how you associated rain with tears and freedom. Clever girl Ms Michelle!

Gorgeous artwork - but you know that I love your work!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

What a lovely goodbye, Michelle. The only thing left to do is let go. <3

Anonymous said...

A beautiful painting! Is truly moving!

Unknown said...

beautiful, just beautiful.
prayer your own prayer, sing your own song, and dance with abandon- you have earned it xx

Kerry said...

your poetry is truely beautiful Michelle.

Very touching.

Your paining is brilliant as well.

Bagman and Butler said...

Okay! Okay! I'm visiting you! And yes, your painting is incredible. It has a certain Miro-ness to it.

Renee said...

You have picked the right word dear friend.

Thank you for always being there for me.

Love Renee xoxo

John said...

I know a little about such prayers...

and about rain...

so I am sending my reply by air mail