Monday, July 20, 2009

Off The Beaten Track....


I remember
when he begged me to show him
who he really was
I told him I can't do that
I'm still finding myself
so he made me
who he thought he needed
and I just went along for the ride
the wild wild ride
that turned out to be
the last place I ever wanted to be
as it does
when you don't buy your own ticket
and you're just a passenger in your own life
this time I'll drive my own train
and I have painted on the rails
a track to somewhere
not written in bloody code upon my arm
a journey of my own choosing
to where I want to be
with whom I wish to travel
my suitcase laying empty at my feet
the story of me is guided now
by my own pen
and maybe
if you want me to
I will sign your page
and you wont ever forget
I have been there






Guess I'm in that kind of place this week people.....
life goes on relentlessly




10 comments:

bARE-eYED sUN said...

we likes! :-)

it kinda hit close to home.

thank you.

..
.ero

Bogey said...

....and yet, you endure! With a newfound connection and strength....or so it seems.

Natalie said...

True enough.
Thanks for the offer, I am doing a bit better today. Babies not though. :(

Daria said...

It time to sail your own ship ...

Debbie said...

Oh my. That was incredible! I loved it.

Kerry said...

True, so true

We really do have to follow our own tracks.

lots of love to you Miss Michelle...your a very special person.

Strawberry Girl said...

I am glad that you are the ones holding the reigns. Your courage and capability amaze me!

Love ya, *Hugs*

~Annie

Jewell said...

i do love this poen very enlightening

Jen said...

That is beautiful
Thanks for signing my page...

xoxo

Dawn said...

I love it! :)
xxoo
D.