Sunday, December 13, 2009

Powerful women?




Sometimes people say things to one person, that get read by another person and that person takes offence.

Sometimes I will write or say what I feel and that might make you feel something....

That's actually your stuff to deal with, not mine, but I am sorry if it caused you hurt.

Sometimes you just have to say what you feel, when you feel it.

I have been thinking about opinions and power, and how we define ourselves as powerful and what that actually means to me....

In my opinion, the powerful woman is the one who speaks her mind appropriately, not the woman who points a finger and runs.
The powerful woman will always look to herself and see what part she had to play in the situation.
The powerful woman will not run blindly with the pack, she will stand back and guard the weak and the young.
The powerful woman will speak in the 'I' and not from the 'we' because she knows that she herself is the only one she has any control over.
The powerful woman will admit when she is wrong or if she doesn't know then she will say so.
The powerful woman does not always have to be right.
The powerful woman will fulfill her obligations and will say what she needs to say to a persons face.
The powerful woman will let other people speak without fear and will respect another's opinion may be different from her own.
The powerful woman will know when she is right and stand firm in that, knowing she has done all could and she is open to change because nothing ever stays the same.
The powerful woman doesn't need to justify.

Just my opinion of course.



7 comments:

angela said...

Well said.

Barry said...

But a powerful opinion.

And well said.

Diane said...

Ooooh, you're good. There are a few of those I can work on. And I shall!

Natalie said...

In short, a powerful woman displays integrity and respect.

Amen sister.xx♥

Kerry said...

Couldn't agree with you more.

You have such insight Michelle. I could learn so much from you.

xxx hugs and love to you

Renee said...

Powerful stuff from a powerful woman and friend.

xoxoxo

Daria said...

Wow ... that is excellent!