Tuesday, October 17, 2006

STAFF

I am officially a STAFF now that I have slogged for 3 whole hours at CC Charlestown Square today.
I did leave the house looking very swish with too short black pants and lovely $90 blouse with stripey socks and Colorados.......swish, swish goes the freshly washed big hair.....
I did get on bus in pouring rain and slightly soggy.......squelch, squelch.....and big hair did go a little frizzy but all in all not too bad.
Arrived at Charlestown Square with plenty of time to shop for one white shirt and black pants.....too easy
Tried on 40 white shirts and they all sucked. Why do all t-shirts have to be skin tight and see through and made for anorexic size 2's? Why put extra large on anything that is really a size 8?? Is it to keep 'larger than lollypop sticks' people out of the shops and at home eating tim tams??
Finally found a good STAFF shirt that fit and only cost $16........so I wore it even though it did look like I had just dragged it out of under shelli baby's bed and forgot to iron it.....wait a minute, anything that comes out of that room is NOT WHITE.....okay, so it was a tad creased but very clean and brightly white. Good STAFF shirt....shame about the frizzled head.
Was out of time by then so had to front up in too short pants and flashing B & W stripey ankle half witch sock jobs but thats ok...I was ON TIME.
Good STAFF.
Had a lovely time flogging calanders, scanning for feral shoplifters and stuffing up the till with Mary BOSS and was shouted great cuppachino too. AND got paid to boot. VERY good STAFF.
Have been ordered back for Saturday as I need to stuff up the till some more in preperation for BIG CROWDS with lots of Calender dollars to make ladymaryBOSS happy and rich. Yay.
I especially liked the bit where I got to wear a loooong shoelace with a key on the end and a big badge because I am STAFF.

So far so good......

Then I had to come home and clean up stinky feral kids room. It is 4 hours later and its still not done. There are 4 giant garbage bags in the hallway awaiting transportation to the bin. I am disgusted and need to know why a child thinks its whole room is one great rubbish bin? Its not all that far to the actual garbage disposal place ...about a 2 second walk I think...Grrrrrrrr.

Nuff of that.

Tomorrow is school...plurgh....I need a new attitude.....I wonder where you buy that from?

10 comments:

Cyndy said...

I find that Go-Lo or the Reject Shop have a very diverse range of stock.......I have an ID tag on a badge that's on a retractable cord....;)C <3

Good Luck with the cesspool..there are a number of them here as well..

wykd wytch said...

Good staff...you can but the attitude from "Attitudes are Us" of course! Silly Mary!

Michelle said...

We could open one of them at xmas next year...
I want a badge with a retractable cord!

Unknown said...

sounds like you had fun mary ankle- I am very excited !
Mary.....

Jen said...

You go girl!!!

Cyndy said...

You can buy the retractable cords from the little yellow (or pink) ladies' store at the John Hunter Hospital......

Unknown said...

I have attitudes for sale here at the nest........prues is old, painful & is wearing thin but still has some life in it, Joshua's is fresh, exciting but far too big for him........
swap you a painting for an attitude.........

Michelle said...

I have quite enough teenage attitude here.....I need a mature and dignified attitude...I think they're all sold out

Unknown said...

you can have mine- well worn with a few stitches, looks a bit second hand and smells funky but yours for the taking.........

Cyndy said...

grow old disgracefully, I reckon...dignity and maturity are over-rated...