Wednesday, October 11, 2006

this day


Its officially the middle of the last week of my holidays from school.

BUGGER.

I haven't done any of the school work that drastically needs my attention. Oh well, who cares....

I will in about 3 weeks when there is only a month to go in the school year....maybe I'll do something after all....


Its been another funny sort of day. I did the Woollies run and am now broke.....however we live to eat another week.....but that's about all I have done. I slept a bit and floated around somewhere all day long. Weird.


Went to the cottage tonight and had some fun. Its seems that the only time I feel real these days is when I am with like minded people. That's weird too. Or not.

I'm thinking of doing a set of goddess prints for people to use on alters or whatever.....


Shelli baby is gone off to camp and get filthy and stinking and have great fun for a couple of days. Its interesting how much the dynamic changes when one child is missing from the house.


Had a phone call from The Catholic Scientist Virgin tonight. She sounds so tired. She is in the middle of writing, and re writing, and re writing again, her thesis for honours at uni and as I know my daughter very well, this means she is putting 150% into everything and leaving no energy left for Tahni. She will need to come home to recharge soon. When she doesn't she feels it! I am fortunate in that she has about 20 'mothers' in her college and they make sure she looks after herself, or else they do it for her, otherwise she wouldn't survive.

I may make jokes about the catholic mary college down there but I know and am very grateful for the care they give this special girl of mine when I can't......


As for my mary, she is beautiful. Tired and cranky and full of p**s and vinegar, she, as always, ran a good 'show' tonight. I am blessed to have that woman in my life today. She teaches me much about myself. She makes a difference.....yes you.


Tonight, listening to Renata talk about her situation I felt full of admiration, compassion and empathy for this woman who is rising to the challenge of being 'woman of strength' for her family in their time of need. I know what it feels like to want to kick and scream and cry and rage and yet have to put on a brave face and soothe the terrified people around you. It is the way of woman, and has been for time eternal. That is why the world survives and we live to love another day. I salute you....


Well, my darlin' has gone to bed wondering why he is so tired....I am on this computer, again. The children are sleeping or at least quiet and not visible. The day has been long and I am.

I am.....

love and light and many blessings to you all

4 comments:

wykd wytch said...

Thanks for the plug...but I really am not brave at all.just shit scared!!!
by the way, maybe we should call Mary 'vinegar tits' then? Think she would like that?

Cyndy said...

Another beautiful Mary (yes you)

Michelle said...

You are too brave. You just cant see it.....we can.
Courage is feeling the fear and doing it anyway, isn't that what life is all about?

Unknown said...

vinigar tits !
how bloody disrespectful!
everyone knows I am very nice.......
thank you MAry for loving me almost as much as I love you.
Mary xx