Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And the beat goes on...

Well, dentist went okay

Going back on the 15th of June for 2 fillings :(

Should be 4 or 5 really but that's okay.....I will harass them about that on the 15th

He couldn't see any evidence of damage by grinding or any evident reason for the infection thing so I will have an x-ray before I go next time.....I'd say it was just brought on by the stress of that horrible week.....haven't been gritting my teeth since that I have noticed. No gum disease either...phew

I've been feeling a bit rudderless this week....I'm glad Cherie ( my sister) is coming, it takes some weight off me for a week at least. Mum has a fixation with getting her bedroom all cleared out and repainted so she can help her with that...I haven't got the energy :) It's her fault anyway she bought her a new doona cover for Christmas which has started it all off.......hehe

Mum has been going through her clothes and stuff and throwing/giving away the stuff she can't wear anymore, due to the surgery etc and I guess it's kind of cathartic in a way.

Unfortunately, she is very little and none of it fits me :(

She is still feeling pretty crappy from the chemo.......be interesting to see what her blood counts are this week. We have also sacked her oncologist! And asked for someone who can at least pretend to give a shit! Should make for an interesting appointment on Thursday, seeings as we don't actually get a new one till the next appointment :)

Stuff it.....she deserves better than that. Everyone does!

Anyway, it's time for me to get ready for the day

PS....Kayla got a phone call from the ex this morning.....grrrrrr



6 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Good luck with the dentist - I can't stand them! I'm glad your sister is coming, too!

Natalie said...

Yay for sacking of heinous oncologists.Hmph!
Yay for Cherie!
Dentist? meh.xx♥

L'Adelaide said...

i'm glad you are getting a bit of a break from the work and stress...YAY!

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, I am so happy that you are moving on to a new oncologist. I just attended a lecture called "Putting the Care Back Into Healthcare." I will blog about it later today. I think you will find it interesting!
xoxoxo

Bagman and Butler said...

Yes, good to have a doctor who can at least pretend...reminds me of a great movie called, I think, "The Doctor" starring William Hurt. Probably pretty old movie. About a hoity toity doc who comes down with cancer and becomes a patient in his own hospital and learns some lessons they all should know.

Bogey said...

Michelle, you will have a small window of opportunity to go out and do something for yourself when your sister visits. Get ready to crawl thru it. Anyways, I hope you have a lovely visit with your sister, short as it is. And I am happy to hear you will get a new Oncologist. Life is too short to waste it on A'holes!. Take care.