Sunday, May 10, 2009

Okay....Happy Mums Day!

Dear Mudda,

Well I guess I just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day!!
I hope you know how proud I am of you - for being the best mum & daughter & sister & friend & dog owner (notice I didn't say trainer!) in the world!
I meant what I said in my thesis when I said you are the strongest person I know. It's funny, I was thinking the other day about role models & what not & I thought so many people look to people like Princess Di or Mother Theresa or Taylor Swift or whoever but when it all comes down to it - and I know this will sound a bit cliche - I look to you. Because life kicks you around & you get knocked down but you keep getting back up. And above everything else, you love your kids, no matter what's going on - and that's what counts, that's what you've always done!
Thanks for everything Mumstink, and even though you feel like you're trying to carry all this on your own sometimes - you're not alone!
I love you lots
love
Tahni



Hmmmmm

I must be doing something right then :)


11 comments:

Renee said...

Michelle you are doing lots right.

Tahni thank you for this beautiful tribute to your Mom.

Love Renee xoxo

Natalie said...

She has always been such a lovely daughter too.
Well done Tahni,just wot ya mudda needed to hear.xo

Unknown said...

Very cool.

Unknown said...

i love that kid.......
now i was thinking about you being single and a martyr and have decided form this point on to call you Brigit Joans.............snort

Anonymous said...

Thats beautiful....I got a reallynice picture from Aleks and slippers from Monika....w.w.

Myst_72 said...

That's so lovely :)

And true.

Love to you,

G
xx

Anonymous said...

Tahni, that was a beautiful tribute to your Mum! I also think that she is one of the strongest, most loving people!
Happy Mothers Day Michelle!
xoxoxo

Bogey said...

Just being there for your children makes it right. That's better than any store bought card any day. I will bet that filled you with a quiet sense of pride.

Bagman and Butler said...

Aw, Michelle...you are really a special daughter...at least it seems to me that you are from reading your blogs. Why don't they have a Daughter's Day?

Daria said...

Very sweet!

Chrisy said...

You're a treasure Tahni...you really are...