Sunday, May 24, 2009

Calm....me??? Well okay then....



Audrey has just commented that she is glad things are calm in my world

I am having a bit of a hysterical chuckle over that right now

I am feeling strangely calm

To a point....and that is nice

I am also feeling like I am caught up in a whirlwind that is moving very very slowly

Hmmm...

My day has been nice, exhausting but nice

The weather here decided to be kind and give me a sunny warm day with no wind

And I spent it at mum's doing some stuff for her that she can't

We painted and cleaned things and scrubbed walls and this was good, she felt better for it being done

My house is sadly neglected but I don't care

I went for a little walk down from her house and the above pic will show you what I could see from there.......

I came home and cooked dinner

I got a phone call from little brother telling me that him and mum had just shaved their heads!!

Then I had a teary mum on the phone telling me the mirrors are covered up so she can't see but she will look tomorrow...

Ummm, I was going to do that with her....

but just quietly I'm kind of glad I didn't have to

Hat and beanie shopping this week people!

In spite of all of this......

I am still at peace somewhere inside

Things are happening all around us

Can you feel the earth singing?

I can :)


20 comments:

Dave King said...

That is excellent, that you can hear the earth singing. Well done, I guess it's singing for you. Something perhaps to try to remember in the not-so-calm times.

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Michelle,
What a tender gesture to join in the head-shaving! I love the photo...I must buy another camera for the summer. This beach view is inspiring! Glad you are feeling better! <3

Linda S. Socha said...

Michele

Beautiful photo and aso there for your family. Sending you wishes for a long earth singing
Linda

Bogey said...

Just go with it Michelle and grab it while you can! All I hear is a little birdie singing! xxx

Daria said...

Shaving the hair is emotional ... it's a good thing your brother got a chance to be involved in such a way.

Enjoy the calm, enjoy the warm and enjoy the birds singing.

Kathryn Magendie said...

yes, I can - and humming and thrumming....

beautiful post, Michelle

Your candy should be there soon, I hope

Anonymous said...

The pic at the top is amazing! So serene - I want to copy it and use it as a focal point for calming MY world when it is chaotic! Good, meditative pic!
xoxoxo

Barry said...

I can hear it singing!

I just can't make out the tune.

But it's very peaceful.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I love days like that. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Having issues with my mum too Michelle. She went into hospital yesterday for back pain and my brother does not want her to go home but wants her to go straight into a nursing home becasue, I believe that he does not want to look after her any more.
I was doing this job quite well until he accussed me of stealing from her and we have been not speaking ever since.
He then took over her care and has full power to make all decisions regarding her wellbeing.
I can only try now to intervene and try to stop this horid state of affairs where he has stated that she is not to return to her home, the only thing that she knows, becasue she just cannot handle it.
Well I have not noticed such a dramatic change in her and must step in, but am not sure what I can do.....yes indeed, life changes in an instant....w.w.

Sarah Lulu said...

Such a beautiful photo ....still cold and damp up here ...

I hope your Monday is now going well..

I'm on holidays now and I might be rushing past you to see my daughter today or tomorrow!

Natalie said...

I felt a bit emotional reading that post ~ the hair shaving in particular.I am relieved your bro. stepped up and did it.It saved your beautiful hair for one, but more importantly, a beautiful act of love for your mum.xx♥

Unknown said...

lovely words xx

Nancy said...

Hi, just stopped by from Lisa's blog. Your mother is sick? I'm so sorry.

Wendy said...

I'm glad to hear about your mum's hair and I understand your bitter sweet feelings about it. I hope she sees strength in triumph when she looks in the mirror. ♥

Jewell said...

hair shaving can be very good for the soul

Strawberry Girl said...

Yes, Michelle, Yes

I can hear the earth singing.

I know what the eye of the storm feels like. It is an odd feeling isn't it?

Beautiful picture, lovely thoughts.

Myst_72 said...

Beautiful picture :)

Calm is good :)

G
xxx

Renee said...

I feel my heart singing to your heart.

It is singing you songs of comfort. Can you hear them?

Love Renee xoxo

nollyposh said...

A beautiful post <3